Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oma.


Oma.

"Oma" is an informal German word for grandmother - the formal being Großmutter. Oma turns 84 on Sunday, and I made a fairly simple photo montage for her... this is the abridged version. Also featured is my grandfather, C.W. or "Opa". He passed away 4 years ago.

I really love looking at old pictures. I wonder if 60 years from now, there will be people who love looking through old computer files, the way I enjoy the pictures. It will be amazing if Archive.org is still going, and everything from today is still available ... they'll probably be beyond yottabytes of data.

The music is "Du, Du Liegst Mir Im Herzen" -- roughly translated to "You, You Keep Me in Your Heart" -- I'm not sure who this exact artist is. It's a beautiful song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home