Monday, October 31, 2005

Old Video - Secret Crushes


Secret Crushes

This is the first fully-produced, home computer video I had ever done... circa March 2000. My job at the time used a Media 100 system to make the bad car commercials, but the boss was kind of a jerk and we couldn't use the computers for any personal stuff. Anyway, I got a fairly cheap All-In-Wonder video card ($150 at the time), digitized in some camcorder footage, and edited it on the free software that came with the video card. The one thing I remember was that there wasn't a "live" preview, so it was difficult to synch the audio and video. So, I had to assemble the pieces, render it out, check the synch, and adjust it back in the program --- over and over.

Sadly, the original footage is on an old (dead) hard drive, and the only version existing is 160x120, at 12fps. So, I touched it up a bit and rendered it back out to 320x240. It's not great, but with the software I had, I'm pretty happy with it. I did another video for a song called "Ever Song", but I still need to track it down.

The band has long since departed, but feel free to check out some more music here.

credits:
music - me and Myla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home